Are you interested in joining us?
OPAAL is proud of our strong membership culture. We are committed to the involvement of members in our work and we strive to engage with members whenever and wherever possible. We try to encourage members to work alongside us on our various national projects, listen when members tell us they wish us to provide networking and other opportunities for members to meet together and share ideas and good practice, and respond directly whenever time and other resources permit.
We are always open to member suggestions for how we might develop our member services further, so if you, as a potential new member, have ideas of services for members or activities you would like to engage with then contact our Chief Executive Kath Parson who will be more than happy to welcome you and your ideas to OPAAL.
Current member benefits include:
- Support – in addition we may be able to help with your advocacy problems by listening or/and signposting you to further support
- Networking – networking opportunities via partnership events such as the Advocacy update events held across the country
- Free training – occasional access to free training such as our Policy and Practice events
- Event information – information on value for money events/conferences concerning older people’s advocacy
- Consultation – opportunity to become involved in OPAAL’s responses to government and other key stakeholder consultations
- National dialogue – access to national forums like the Advocacy Consortium UK to get your voice heard, your concerns discussed and your views known
- Direct involvement – all members are also encouraged to fully engage in OPAAL’s work either directly by contributing to various projects or indirectly by providing information for example on aspects of good practice
How to become a member
To become a member of OPAAL please complete our Online Application Form.