Advocacy Checklist terms and conditions
As part of Advocacy Checklist membership with OPAAL, the Member will receive the following benefits:
- Our training video on formal and informal advocacy and appropriate actions to take.
- Access to the Advocacy Checklist logos in usable formats.
- A PDF of the checklist for the Member to reproduce and display.
- A plain Advocacy Checklist branded PDF to complete with the names of the preferred advocacy provider, for the Member to display on notice boards etc.
- A link showing membership details on the OPAAL page.
- A link showing membership displayed on our list of Advocacy Checklist scheme participants.
- A specific email address to where members can send any content they want to share on our website or on our FB/Twitter pages, and links to all.
- A copy of a bulletin that goes out to all our members, with a “welcome message” and all subsequent bulletins.
To satisfy the requirements of the Advocacy Checklist the Member agrees to use reasonable endeavours to:
- Provide a picture of their staff with the signed checklist, that OPAAL can share with our digital audiences/use in the press etc. (i.e. with full names and permissions)
- Provide a quote from the signatory of the checklist that OPAAL can share with our audiences.
- Provide a picture of where the checklist is displayed on the premises.
- Provide a link to their website showing:
- the Advocacy Checklist logo displayed
- signposting to their preferred advocacy provider, or the OPAAL website
- Confirm that the training video has been received and shared with staff.
- The annual subscription for the Advocacy Checklist membership is £200 per care setting.
- Your membership will commence on the first of the month following receipt of your subscription payment, and continue for a period of twelve months, subject to renewal.
The member agrees that they will not:
- Share the training video with non-members.
- Reproduce any of the information received as part of their membership and share it with non-members.
- Post inappropriate, inaccurate or offensive content to membership forums and discussions.
- The Member will not hold OPAAL liable for any direct or indirect damage that might occur to them while participating in the membership.
- The Member agrees and understands that OPAAL cannot guarantee any results from their membership.
OPAAL will not share any contact or personal information about the Member with other members, non-members or any third parties.
- OPAAL has a right to terminate the Member’s membership before the expiration of the twelve month term if any of the terms and conditions of this Agreement are violated.
- The Member can terminate their membership at any point and for any reason before the expiration of the twelve month term.
Publication of content
- The use of content provided by the Member to share on our website and/or Facebook Page and/or Twitter page is published at our discretion, and is not guaranteed.
- OPAAL will not share content that it considers inappropriate, inaccurate or offensive content.