Terms & Conditions
Older People’s Advocacy Alliance – OPAAL
OPAAL is a registered charity, (registered charity number 1090182)
Registered office: The registered address is Parkfield House, 64 Princes Street, Hartshill, Stoke on Trent. ST4 7JL
Terms and conditions
These terms and conditions apply to OPAAL.
Please read these terms carefully before using this website (“Site”). Your use of this Site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of this Site.
1. OPAAL reserves the right to change these terms and conditions by posting the changes online. Your continued use of this Site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified.
2. These terms and conditions apply to any site under the control of OPAAL and from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions.
3. Copyright in the material is owned by OPAAL.
4. Unauthorised use of the material including reproduction, storage, modification, distribution or publication without the prior written consent of OPAAL is prohibited. Documents (including information, images, photos, logos, names and icons without the prior written permission of the copyright holders on this Site may not be downloaded, altered or adapted for any purpose except for personal, non-commercial use. Should OPAAL receive any complaint with regard to third party material on this Site, it will review the matter and remove material at its sole discretion. OPAAL will have no further liability to either party in such instance.
5. The photographs of adults used within this Site to illustrate the work of OPAAL are all used only once permission has been granted by the owner of the images.
6. Materials on this Site are provided for the purposes of information or reporting only and should not be relied upon. Independent advice should be sought on financial, legal and medical matters.
7. A licence is required to use Intellectual Property of the OPAAL. OPAAL shall consider such requests at its sole discretion. To request a licence please contact the site administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Links to third party websites on this Site are provided solely as a convenience to you. OPAAL is not responsible for the contents or the reliability of linked third-party websites, either to or from the OPAAL Site, and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites linked to this Site, you do so entirely at your own risk. Any website wanting to create a link to any OPAAL or to request a link to be created to them, must contact the site administrator via email@example.com.
10. You agree to use this Site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this Site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive material or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within this Site.
11. Where you are able to submit any contribution to this Site you agree, by submitting your contribution, to grant OPAAL a perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, play, and exercise all copyright and publicity rights with respect to your contribution worldwide and/or to incorporate your contribution in other works in any media now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in your contribution. If you do not want to grant OPAAL the rights set out above, please do not submit your contribution to OPAAL.
12. By submitting your contribution to OPAAL you warrant that your contribution is your own original work and that you have the right to make it available to OPAAL for any or all of the purposes specified above. Furthermore, you warrant your contribution is not defamatory, does not infringe any law, you indemnify OPAAL against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by OPAAL as a result of your breach of the above warranty and waive any moral rights in your contribution for the purposes of its submission to and publication on the Site and the purposes specified above.
13. OPAAL has the right to remove any material or posting you make on this Site at its discretion.
14. If these Terms and Conditions are not accepted in full, the use of this Site must be terminated immediately.
15. OPAAL does not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or loss of use of this Site.
16. While OPAAL endeavours to ensure that the Site is available 24 hours a day, this is not guaranteed. OPAAL does not warrant that the functions contained in the material in this Site will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this Site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. OPAAL may make changes to the materials on this Site, or to the information, products and prices described in them, at any time without notice. The materials on this Site may be out of date, and OPAAL makes no commitment to update the Materials on this Site.
17. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes arising here shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
18. Any questions regarding the Site can be addressed by contacting the OPAAL site administrator via firstname.lastname@example.org.